Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weekend Recap...

It's only Tuesday and this week has been very productive already. How was everyone's weekend? Did you do anything exciting?

Friday: Very relaxing evening. We have been dog sitting for the last three weeks and the owner came back into town that night and picked her up. Then, our little Annie got sad because she didn't have her to play with, even though Isabelle is still there. Silly puppy.

Saturday: My mom and I cleaned the house because it really needed it while my dad started getting things ready to hang a new ceiling fan in the master bedroom. The guy who built our house was silly (read: dumb) because he put the electrical box right in the middle of the peak in the high ceiling instead of off to the side. So, this means that many of today's fans are too big to fit into that little space. The fan we had took about two hours to hang (we are all under 5'3" and the ceiling is about 12 feet tall) and after all of the work, the light fixture didn't work. So, we all headed into town for lunch and got a new fan. That night I just chilled out because I was only just starting to feel better after being sick with bronchitis.

Sunday: We went to hang up the new fan and guess what? It was too big to fit into the tiny space in the ceiling. So, Dad went shopping for a new fan while Mom and I finished laundry. After the new fan was ready for hanging, we all crossed our fingers and it worked! Three fans, two days, and one irritated dad later, there is a new fan in the bedroom. Good thing too because the old one sounded like brakes going out on an old car.

By Sunday afternoon, I was feeling better and finished reading my book. I also got my bedroom all dusted and cleaned up too, which is a huge accomplishment. My next plan is to clean out from under my bed and my closet. It's a mess.

So, all in all, it was a very productive weekend, but still relaxing. I am really starting to enjoy these relaxing evenings. :)

No comments: