Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 In Review

I was going to do a review of 2011 by each month, but after looking back on the year, I realized that wouldn't be fun. So, I am just going to sum it all up as best I can.


The year didn't start off all that great. I realized that I was already tired of my job after about 2-3 months into it. I was really unhappy because I didn't have time for anything I enjoyed. We got a major blizzard at the beginning of February that dumped 20 inches of snow at our house too. When I was looking back on all of my posts, I realized that I worked way too much and complained about it a lot. It seems that there was always a mention of work in my posts.

We did have a very successful benefit sale of my aunt's belongings for the Susan G. Komen foundation. I attended a great costume party and celebrated a lot of birthdays. I started sewing again and did 3 sewing projects. My antique desk got a face lift with new knobs. I made a lot of crafts throughout the year also. I had a successful garage sale in the summer time and hit 500 posts on this blog.

I also made some big changes in my life by leaving the industry that was making me miserable, changed my hair color (that didn't last long), finished the year free of credit card debt, made time for myself again, and started a new job.



I attended my first auction and enjoyed fun tailgates. I made new friends and enjoyed a lot of time with old ones. I was a guest blogger, was asked for a book review, hosted a giveaway, and created a reading list for myself. I went on a few camping trips again and spent quality time with my immediate and extended family.



I set a lot of goals throughout the year and was able to accomplish a lot of them. The ones that didn't get accomplished are not going to hold me back and will get accomplished this year. I may have gotten my first ever diagnosis of bronchitis and managed to go to bed at 11:30 pm on New Year's Eve, but I finished 2011 happier than I have been in a long time.




2 comments:

Lin said...

Gotta say I like your review more than those boring month by month ones.

By your review, you had one good year! I'm glad you left a job that wasnt making you happy for a better one & sucks that your new hair color didnt last, haha. Hope 2012 is good to you sweets!

Kim said...

Sounds like a great 2011 - I hope 2012 is even better for you!!