Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weekend Recap...

How was your weekend? Did the week start off well for you yesterday? It did for me. I was busy all day yesterday. I had a great weekend too.



Friday: We are dog-sitting for the next three weeks and Friday was the exchange. This friend's dog is a black and white border collie who is very friendly and docile. She's definitely not used to our dogs barking and we are still working on getting them all to play together. The one we thought would be aggressive (Isabelle) is actually friendly and the usually friendly dog (Annie) is not so friendly right now.

Friday night was the lighted tractor parade in my home town. The farmers from around the area light up their trucks and tractors and trailers creating terrific displays for a parade. It was freezing, but it was still fun.




Saturday: I spent the entire morning (something like 4 hours) baking. I made them both from recipes I found online. Santa's Easy Whoopie Pies and Pretzel Bites. They both turned out pretty good. I brought the Whoopie Pies to work to share and the pretzel bites are staying in the fridge. They are so good! both recipes were fun to make and you can do so much with the whoopie pies!



Saturday afternoon, I wrapped and wrapped, and wrapped some more. I have only a couple of gifts left to wrap. One of which needs a big box that I have to track down. I used an entire roll of wrapping paper on my gifts. It makes me excited to wrap because I always put things in boxes and almost never use bags. They look so pretty!



Since my dad had to work Saturday night, my mom and I went to a living nativity for the first time. It was incredible! The actors were so talented and I really appreciated hearing the story while outside in the cold December night. The performances were something that gave you the chills. It was so cool!



Sunday: My family and I went to Christmas dinner held at my grandma's house for her mom's side of the family. It is usually pretty small, I think we had about 13-15 people there. It was still nice to spend time with family and enjoy each other's company. After the dinner, my parents and I went to the local brewery we frequent to have drinks and catch the Mizzou basketball game. They won!



All in all, it was a good weekend. We still need to get the dogs acclimated, but they get better every day. Right now, it has been raining for the last two days and I am sick of it. I hate rain in the winter. It also makes it difficult for the dogs to get their walks in. It also doesn't help that it gets dark by 5 pm either.

No comments: