Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Recap

Hello readers!

I hope you all had a terrific Christmas! Mine was so incredible and I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. I received so many amazing gifts that were completely unexpected. One of my favorite gifts was the complete series of Home Improvement on DVD. This is one of my favorite shows and I was so excited to watch it. I have already started with Season 1.

Somehow, sometime last week, I came down with something. I thought it was just a cold, but I actually think it is something more than that. I can't breathe when I try to sleep. It feels like someone is pushing on my chest and suffocating me. I sneeze, cough, and blow my nose all day. At night, I have to sleep with four pillows behind me and a Breathe Right strip on my nose. I have been taking Day Quil, Night Quil and Robitussin DM for the last week. It's not getting any better, so I am going to the doctor today.

Today begins the take down process. I truly believe that all Christmas decorations should be down before New Year's Eve in an effort to begin the new year with a completely fresh and clean slate. I will be taking down my office decorations today and our decorations at home. Tomorrow, my cousin and I will be taking down our grandma's decorations. What about you? When do you take down your decorations? I know quite a few people who leave their decorations up until almost February because they don't want to take them down.

I guess this post wasn't much of an actual recap, but more just a random expression of thoughts. Oh well. :)

5 comments:

Charcoal Renderings said...

Oh man, I loved Home Improvement so much. How many seasons were there of that anyway? I just remember watching the final episode live, where they finally reveal all of Wilson's face at one time. Brilliant. :-)

We usually leave our decor up until just after the new year. The lights just provide a nice atmosphere for the hot chocolate and fireplace fires we have in early January.

Lin said...

Random posts are the best one's in my opinion ;)

I'm glad you had a great Christmas! I can remember watching Home Improvement like a handful of times but it was pretty entertaining. The hubs got me the first 3 seasons of Sex & the City and totally loving them since I've only seen them sporadically on TV. I'm not really sure when we'll take down our decorations since we'll be pretty busy til after New Years & to be totally honest, I'm just lazy haha.

Mrs. S. said...

Mine are down already! I am just done with them the day after Christmas.

Ms. Attitude said...

Charcoal Renderings--There were 8 seasons and I remember that final episode too! I actually teared up a little bit.

Kim said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! So I'm finally blogging again haha. Hope to catch up with you more soon!