Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The First Snow

It happens every year. It's the first snow of the season and it sends everyone into a frenzy. People freak out and forget how to drive in the winter time, even though we just finished driving through snow in February. Every year this happens.

My drive to work is normally about 25 minutes. When it snows, I always slow down. My mentality is that I will get there when I get there and if I have to stay late, so be it. This morning, it took me a whole hour and a half to get to work. I was technically 30 minutes late.

However, on my way into work today, the radio was announcing at least 2 accidents, 3 reports of cars off the road, traffic stopped somewhere in the area, and slow moving traffic every 5 minutes. That's no joke. They'd play a song, then there would be another report. Also, along this drive, there were numerous people without their lights on. Come on people, it's snowing and gray outside. Turn your lights on.

Every year this happens. Does this happen in your area?

1 comment:

Lin said...

omg this happens in SoCal all the time, but with rain. I swear to jeebus you'd think these people have never seen rain fall from the sky before. It normally takes me about 50 minutes to get to work but when it rains...I'm usually on the road for 2hrs :(