Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Recap...

This is quite the weekend recap. Why, you may ask? Because I had a 4.5 day weekend! That's right, I was sent home at noon on Wednesday and didn't have to work again until this morning.

Wednesday: When I was dismissed early for the holiday, I went to Old Navy and got a new pair of jeans. Question: Why is it that I never knew how comfortable Old Navy jeans were until last week? I have been a the quest for comfy jeans for years and have finally found them! I love the Dreamer style. After that, I went to see Breaking Dawn. I really enjoyed this morning. The movies may be a little cheesy, but they get better as the go along. I like the effects in this one and the story moved right along considering how long the book was. Although, there was some detail left out (as always with things like this) but it wasn't enough to affect the story line. At the end of the movie when the credits started to roll, the entire theater left (all 17 people) and I hung around like I always do. I hate getting caught up in the crowd leaving the theater and you never know what you might miss. I got to see a little teaser lead in to the next movie! Yeah!

Wednesday evening was spent prepping for dinner the next day. I made a pie crust and got it chilling for my pumpkin pie the next day. I should remember to make my pies the night before, but making it on Thursday really made the house smell yummy!

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving! We hosted a small gathering at our house and had some really delicious food! My dad and I deep fried the turkey. Mom made mashed potatoes and gravy with sweet potatoes and green beans. Dad made his famous dressing, Grandma brought seven layer salad and rolls, and we went through 3.5 bottles of wine! After dinner, we played some games and had a good time. It was a very good day.

Friday: Mom and I went shopping, but we didn't leave the house until 10:30 am. There is nothing so important to get out to the stores so early in the morning. We both knew what we were looking for as far as gifts and that's what we went for. The crowds weren't too bad and we both crossed people off our shopping lists. Mom, of course, is done with her shopping except for stocking stuffers, and I am about halfway. I know what I am getting people, I just have to get it and make sure it stays in my budget. We didn't get back until 5:00 that night. That was a very long shopping trip.

Saturday: We had another family dinner to go to. This time, it was with my mom's extended family. There was about 40 people there and one thing is for sure, we always have more than enough food. Everyone in the family brings at least one dish (some people up to 3) and we had three different types of meats too. I am so blessed to come from a family with amazing cooks and bakers! It was so good.

Saturday night was spent relaxing and catching up on rest because we had been on the go since Wednesday. What a great night for some TV action.

Sunday: My cousin and I went to Grandma's and got her Christmas tree and decorations put up. K kept wanting to stop hanging ornaments (he's a boy) and I kept telling him to put more up. Grandma has an abundance of ornaments. One from each place she has traveled to, Coca-Cola collections (yes plural), STL Cardinals collection, Red Hat Ladies collection, Barbie collection, and tons more! This tree was loaded, but I still say that there was room for more ornaments. We had fun decorating together and now Grandma's house is all ready for the holidays.

After K and I were done at Grandma's he was nice enough to help me move our ridiculously large and heavy sectional sofa so that I could get our decorations up. I wasn't really intending to put them up last night, but once I got started, I didn't stop until I was done. Mom and Dad went out and I got our tree and decorations up while they were gone. I wasn't finished when they got home, so they helped put the rest of the ornaments up. We still have to do our outside decorations, but I am going to see if I can get Dad to do that. He is generally a Grinch around the holidays. :) This year's tree is our Snowman/Blue tree. I will post pictures soon. In case you are new to my blog, each year, we do a themed tree. We haven't done this theme since before we got Isabelle and that was five years ago.

I must mention here that I am not used to this much time off. On Saturday afternoon, I felt like I should be working because the days were running together and I thought I was supposed to be at work. This new job is amazing and the hours are fantastic! How was your holiday weekend? I thoroughly enjoyed mine.

No comments: