Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the fantastic weather we had (at least here) this weekend. It was a great weekend and I can't wait to share it with you.


Friday: Typical of Friday evenings, I spent the night relaxing and playing with the dogs. That day at work though, I got some things for my office and I am so excited to be getting organized. Although, I bought a chair mat and today, I received Staples weekly ad with a $10 discount on any chair mat. This would have been great to have on Friday. Also, the recycle bin I was looking at was $2 off, which just happened to be $1 more than what I paid for the bin I got. Funny how things work out, huh?


Saturday: Mom and I went to a craft festival we go to every year and this year was better than last year. However, a lot of the vendors are showing the same things and after a while, it can get boring. There are also vendors that show things that are kind of pointless and silly. Next year, we are going to try out a festival in another town for something different.


In the afternoon, we had a memorial/celebration for my aunt who passed way in December. Her 50th birthday would have been Wednesday, so we had a balloon release to celebrate. It also would have been my grandpa's 75th birthday, so we sent one off for him as well. Afterwards, we hung out with family and had some yummy snacks and fun stories. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and the weather was perfect!


That night, I went to Mrs. P's house for some very low-key hang out time. We were all in our comfy sweats and we enjoyed a football game and some silly TV. It ended up being a nice way to end a busy day. I made it an early night (12:30 am) and slept really good.


Sunday: Happy Birthday Dad! We celebrated his birthday at his favorite place (the brewery we frequent) and he got a free beer! I made him the special cake he wanted too. A chocolate cake, with chocolate chips in the cake, with chocolate icing, and M&Ms on top. It was so rich, I couldn't finish my piece. We also started a little fire in the fire pit and played washers in the yard. I owe Dad a case of beer and he owes me a new pair of shoes! It was so much fun! The dogs got to play and run around the yard. So much so that they were extremely exhausted and after their baths last night, they napped and only got up to go potty.


The weather yesterday was beautiful again and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend. I really enjoyed myself and since Dad is going to the cabin with his buddy this week, Mom and I have the house to ourselves! This means we can talk during a TV show, eat some really good food that he for some reason doesn't enjoy (baked chicken and rice), and leave lights on to see. :)


How was your weekend?

No comments: