Friday, September 9, 2011

Blonde Moment

It's time to dye my hair brown again. I experienced a BIG blonde moment yesterday. Have I mentioned that this was the FIRST time I have ever done this? Let me also inform you that I am 27 years old. Mature, intelligent, adult...

I locked my keys in my car.

Yep.

I got out of my car in the parking garage, opened my back door to put on my jacket, shut the doors, then noticed that in my front seat was: my purse, my phone, my keys, and my work bag. Everything was in plain sight and locked inside. Did I mention that I have never done this before?

Luckily, my mom also works on campus and has AAA. She was able to got to my car and get them to come out and unlock it. That hour was stressful. I felt so uncertain and worried they wouldn't be able to open my car and all of my stuff was too visible to be passed up. Especially around college-age students.

No worries though. Everything is okay and thanks Mom!

Note to self: Always keep keys in hand until walking away from car.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Charcoal Renderings said...

Ugh, I hate that so much!

I may have beaten you on this one though--a couple of years ago I was driving a friend and myself to the mall, just to go browse and walk around for a little while, and for some reason, when I parked the car, I opened the door sooner than I would normally have, because it had started raining, so I rushed to grab my bag and get out, only after shutting the door realizing that not only had I NOT taken my keys with me, but that I had left them IN THE IGNITION with the car STILL RUNNING. In the rain. My mom had to take off work to bring me a spare key. She was less than pleased.

At least your mom was close by enough that you could get it handled quickly! That always sucks.