Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I'm Loving Right Now

I have very dry and sensitive skin. I can scratch an itch and it looks like I have a hickey. I have tiny red bumps on my arms, particularly on my triceps and a little on my forearms. It's awfully annoying because it itches and looks terrible. This does not, however, stop me from wearing sleeveless shirts and such. I haven't yet gone to a dermatologist to see if there is a diagnosis. I know that this runs in my family and is exacerbated by heat and humidity.



Although, I have found a product that I am absolutely in love with. This stuff is amazing! It was a little pricey when I compared it to my cheap stuff I usually buy, but totally worth it and has lasted at least 3 months. Maybe more. It is Gold Bond Ultimate Sensitive Skin Oat Infused Body Wash. I know, a long name, but fantastic product.






I have noticed a big change in my skin. It's softer, less red, smoother (that's very important) and more hydrated. I learned early on that I had sensitivity issues to certain fragrances, but it didn't stop me from buying pretty smelling body wash. I even have sensitivity to some laundry detergents. It wasn't until right before I bought this product, that I realized that my soaps and lotions were making this worse. So, I headed to the store and just happened upon this product and I am in love! Have I mentioned that it smells awesome even though it is fragrance free? I even found on their website that they have a matching lotion.


My bottle is almost empty, so I think I will try some Ivory and see how that works. Maybe I just need to stay away from heavily fragranced formulas. I have even changed my body lotion from whatever Bath and Body Works lotion I would have at the time, to brands like Eucerin (not a fan, btw) and now Aveeno.



My skin issue isn't gone completely, but man, it does look and feel so much better! Gold Bond is no longer the "old person's product".

3 comments:

Lin said...

I'm definitely going to check this out because my skin has been super dry lately. Thanks for the recommendation!

Katie said...

Ooh-- thanks for the recommendation! I think my skin is starting to develop a sensitivity to scents as well. But it's really dry, so I need moisturizer every day. I'm definitely gonna check this one out!!

Mrs. S. said...

My mom has really dry skin and loves the Eucerin lotion.