Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Recap...And Change #1

Hello everyone! This past weekend was great. Why? Because it was the first weekend I was actually able to completely relax. I didn't have to worry about any events, being "on call" or having to work. My last day as catering manager was Friday. Yippee!
Friday: I celebrated my last day with some champagne and played with the dogs. I also spent the evening making a cake for my aunt's birthday party. It was a 50th birthday cake, so I made sure to make it look cool with some tombstones I picked up at Michaels. PS, their Halloween villages are so cool! I want one really bad.
Saturday: I helped my mom prepare for the party for her sister, and then it was time for the party itself. The party was held at a park in her town, and the weather couldn't have been better. It was finally in the mid eighties and the wind was a constant and steady. We had a ton of home cooked food and lots of chatting with family.
Sunday: I did housework and then went shopping with Mrs. P. I am so happy for her because she got some new pants that were made for misses (she has a habit of buying juniors) and some other things for herself. She totally deserves it and the clothes looked great! I got myself some new underwear and leggings. I was not a big spender this weekend, but I will definitely be going shopping again soon.
How was your weekend?
Now, on to Change #1. If you remember, I told you of some changes that are going on. The first change was a new look. For my hair, what was once shoulder length with lots of layers in a warm brunette color, is now a chin length golden bob. I LOVE it! I think its cute and it definitely made me feel much better.
It has really been a time of becoming a "new" me and this hair style has set that plan in motion. there are more changes to come.

5 comments:

Ali said...

You sound liberated!!! new do's are good for the soul...I wonder what change #2 will be??? :0)

Kim said...

hey lady! so glad you got a nice relaxing weekend!! And I need to see pictures of your new hair - I'm thinking about chopping mine and I need to see some inspiration pics!!

Domestic Goddess said...

oooo I want to see a pic of the new doo! It sounds fab!!

Mrs. S. said...

I want to see the hair! It sounds cute! You should FB message me about this job!

Lin said...

Holy smoke, you definitely went for a big change! Long hair to super short...I like it.

Post of picture of it :)