Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Recap...

I planned to do some crafty things this past weekend, but never got to it. Instead...

Friday: I filled the bird feeders...again. Is it bad that I don't remember much of this evening? i don't think I did anything exciting or fun, except for relaxing.

Saturday: Super productive day! While Dad was mowing, Mom and I cleaned the house, finished all of the laundry, did some serious dusting, cleaned up a room that doesn't get used much, and started to hang blinds. Started to. Let me just say, I am not capable of hanging blinds well. I curse a lot and it took me over an hour just to get the brackets lined up and only one screwed in. We were hanging them on the doors to our patio, so we were drilling into the door. Well, the outside of the door is metal, so somewhere in between the two panels is a metal bracket of some sort. The screws provided were also twice as long as they should be (so Dad says), so put the project off until the next day.

Saturday afternoon, my parents and I made our weekly trip to the brewery for a late lunch and drinks. It was so nice to go there one last time before the college students start to arrive. Whenever school is in session, its very hard to get into this place because there are so many people.

Saturday night, I went to Mrs. P's for game night and snacks. It was fun as usual, but S and I agree that game night should start earlier or go back to Sundays because when we try to do an ultimate game night with some more friends, they don't get off work until 10:30 pm, have to go home and shower, then they come by at 11 pm and by then, S and I are tired. We are not the "party all night" type people. Even though we are so young. Also, these guys are more interested in drinking than anything so it can get kind of boring. I usually come home anywhere between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am.

Sunday: The blinds got hung up! Yay! Thanks Dad for helping out. He was able to knock out the brackets in less than 10 minutes and I finished it up. I must say that they look so much better. They are the wood blinds and even though they are white, they really block out a lot of light, but let a lot in when opened.

Mom and I went shopping for some fun and because it was tax free weekend. I ended up getting a beautiful white blazer for $23 that was marked down from $60. I also got two other casual shirts and spent less than $50. Hopefully, I will get a bonus soon and I plan to use that for some clothes. I got so frustrated over the weekend because I really don't have any casual clothes and my work clothes are in need up an upgrade.

Well, that pretty much sums up my weekend. When I wasn't busy doing something, I watched a lot of Will and Grace. Isabelle and I didn't play much because it threatened rain (and actually rained some) this weekend, so she spent most of her time under the bed. Silly puppy.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Posh Peach said...

Thanks so much for the congrats! Sounds like you had a great weekend :)