Wednesday, August 24, 2011

School's Back in Session!

Well, school has officially started here. I am not in school anymore, but I can't help getting a little excited each year. It could be that I love school supplies and have a minor obsession. It could be that I know football season is coming. It could be that fall is right around the corner. I don't know.
I do know that I have to pay attention to the time it takes for me to get ready in the morning and pay real close attention to the time that I leave for work. If I leave at 7:15 or 7:20 am, I will always end up behind a school bus.
I remember riding the school bus. It's been a long time, but I can remember it like it was yesterday. There was the school bus morning and afternoon, the band bus, the cheerleading bus, the track bus, and the choir bus. Yeah, I spent a lot of time on the bus.
Last year, I noticed that some schools have gotten new buses. I remember the one I rode in elementary school:
Then there was the one we got when I was in junior high:
Now, have you seen these weird new buses?
I just think they look a little funny. Perhaps a little too "modern"? A little "space age"? I don't know. What do you think of these buses?
I do know this, it throws me off every time I see one.
Ah, nostalgia...

1 comment:

Lin said...

Omg, I saw these new buses the the other day & actually pulled aside to watch it go by haha. They're so strange looking!

Hopefully those have a/c though. I always hated being all sweaty next to some random kid.