Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Hello everyone! Welcome back to Monday and the start of another work week. Before we get all upset that it's back to the daily grind, let's talk about the amazing weekend!

Friday: Mrs. P, her son, Big A, and I all went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Of course, the theater was sold out and it was an incredible movie. I was so happy that the fight scene didn't disappoint and I must say that the acting has evolved very well. The special effects and direction were great too.

There was a lady though that was there is some of her family (it seemed) and she had brought with her a one month old (maybe) baby. With no carrier. Who started crying about a 3rd of the way through. She was quick to get the baby out of the theater, I will give her props on that. However, she stood right outside the door with the door opened. Since we were next to the door (in the best seats in the place!) we could here the baby cry off and on for the rest of the movie. Luckily, it didn't distract too much. But seriously, get a sitter.

Saturday: I slept in most of the morning, and after I got up and motivated, my mom and I cleaned the house. It really needed it and we got a new vacuum that is awesome! I had fun using it. After that, my parents and I made the weekly trip to a local brewery for beer and munchies. It's getting kind of funny because we always end up with the same server and the hostess is starting to recognize us.

Saturday afternoon/evening was spent lounging and reading. Isabelle and I snuggled while I read my book ("My Fair Lazy", by Jen Lancaster). I also watched a lot of Will and Grace on DVD too. I relaxed a lot on Saturday and what I loved most was that the day didn't go by really fast. My dad and I even took a nice walk with the dogs (even though it's been over 100 degrees here). At about 10 pm, I went to Mrs. P's house for game night. I would like to have joined them for dinner too, but my stomach was upset. We ended up having a blast with game night (we had more people this time around) and I made it home a little after 1 pm.

Sunday: I slept in a little bit (9 am) and spent the morning reading some more and snuggling with Isabelle. I made it my mission for Sunday to finish my book. I was so close to the end. At noon, I went to my grandma's to help her with some coins she had pulled out of the closets. We got everything all organized and then finished watching the Cardinals/Reds game while chatting. I love visiting Grandma!

Sunday evening, I helped Dad make dinner (Phillies with grilled sweet corn and zucchini). It was so good! Then, I spent the rest of the evening finishing my book and watching Will and Grace. Yeah, it's my favorite show and I watch it a lot. So what of it? :)

This weekend was so great! I loved every minute of it and I was so happy to be able to enjoy so much time. Usually, the weekends fly by, but this one didn't. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Laurie of Lulu and Daisy said...

I had a lazy weekend, too. Saving My Fair Lazy for the beach in 3 weeks. Can't wait! I just started watching Will & Grace again. So funny!