Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Recap...

How was everyone's weekend? Did you have a fun 4th Celebration? I had a great weekend aside from working. Let's recap:

Friday: Spent the evening relaxing and packing for my camping trip. I went to Pet Smart and bought some items for the dogs and played with Isabelle while catching up on the DVR.

Saturday: I had to work in the morning which really made me mad because I came in early specifically for the planner to decorate, but she didn't start decorating until noon. That was a whole 3.5 hours after I had arrived to work. I didn't get to leave until almost an hour later than planned, so I ran home, grabbed my stuff and Isabelle, and got back in the car to drive 2.5 hours to join my parents camping.

Sunday: Went on a fabulous float trip. All week, the weather was stifling and humid, and hot, and muggy, but as the day progressed on Sunday, the temperature dropped and the humidity wasn't so bad. This was caused by a storm front moving in. Of course, it always rains on a holiday weekend. We made it off the river and back to the campsite before the rain started though. Mom and I played Scrabble and Dad and I played Checkers. I got my butt kicked on both games, but it was still fun.

Monday: We sat by the river for most of the morning and early afternoon and just relaxed. It was a great day and the weather was nice. Isabelle and I packed up though because I had to work the next day, so we left around 3 pm. After getting home, I unpacked, got laundry going, enjoyed fireworks, made a light dinner, and caught up on the DVR.

All in all, a great weekend. Even if I am a little sunburned.

2 comments:

The Pink Owl said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

Lin said...

What a fun weekend. Sucks that you had to work that morning though. I would have been totally pissed about the person not showing up until almost noon, that's so lame.