Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Birthday

Saturday was my birthday. I must admit, I wasn't really looking forward to it. I wasn't quite ready for it, the months have gone by too fast this year, and I wasn't excited about turning another year older.

Now, I am not that old, but I had a life plan of things I wanted to accomplish by the time I reached this age and I am disappointed because I haven't accomplished any of it. I wanted to be out on my own, have a job I loved, have a steady boyfriend, possibly live in another state, and be a Mary Kay Sales Director. Well, if you've been around for a while, you know that none of that has come to fruition.

However, I did end up having a really good birthday. I received many happy birthday wishes and some really great gifts. The gift I was most excited about was a hitch for my car so that I could use my new bike rack (that I got for my birthday last year). It's so awesome! I can't wait to use it.

My mom and I spent the day together shopping, getting pedicures, and enjoying a light/early dinner. It was so great to spend the day together and not have a schedule for anything. I bought myself a little gift too. After dinner, we sat outside on the patio and played with the dogs for a while. Too bad the temperature has been unbearably hot these past two weeks.

Later that night, I headed over to Mrs. P's house for game night and she had decorated with streamers and balloons for my birthday! That was so sweet of her. She had cooked lasagna and I had to have a little bit, right? It was so good. Instead of playing games though, we ended up having a small dance party in the living room. We turned on a bunch of 80s, 90s, and now music and danced and sang and had a ball! I finally came home around 1:30 am.

What a great day!

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

What did you buy yourself???

Glad you had a good bday. They just don't seem as exciting after 21!