Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Insert Creative Post Title Here

I don't know what to title this post. "The Last Few Days"? "What's Been Going On"? "Where I've Been"? How to Be Productive"?

I don't know.

I do know this: The last few weeks have been fairly quiet at work. Especially this week. I have been taking advantage of it and have been working on side projects that have been collecting since the first day I started. I have been able to organize a lot of different documents in binders, I finally got my reference book together, and even re-organized my bookshelf. I was so proud of my bookshelf that I took a picture. Yep, I am a nerd. My reference book is so full of things that I use and refer to on a daily basis and it is nice that it is all together in one place now instead of in a bunch of folders. Something that has helped me get this done is that my phone has hardly rang in the last two weeks. I know that now that I have said this, it will ring off the hook. But, really, it rang more in the last hour yesterday than it did all week last week. I am taking full advantage of this "quiet time" because I know the busy storm of fall is rapidly approaching.

I have also been reading like crazy! I finished reading "My Fair Lazy" and started reading an old favorite from years ago that I have read over and over again, "Tiger Eyes". Even though it is a book written for teens, it is still a good book. I read it in about 3 hours. Then, last night, I started reading "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard. O...M...G... This book is so intense. I feel so bad for her and what she went through. I can't even imagine what it must have felt like. I am already about halfway through and I can't wait to read more.

Want to know how to look like a giant asshole? Groan when you have been volunteered to deliver meals on wheels. I know, it's a completely wonderful program and idea and the people appreciate it, but I was caught off guard and have to reschedule a meeting I had already planned. It was kind of important too. I don't like being volunteered for things. Either ask me, or let me volunteer myself.

For some reason, Blogger won't let me comment on a lot of your blogs, but I want you to know I have been reading. I have wanted to comment on every post I have read in the last couple of days. Sorry that you can't tell that.

It has been incredibly hot and humid this week. We are under an extreme heat advisory that started on Saturday and continues until this Saturday. Great. It's been so hot, I don't want to go outside. I don't let the dogs go out for more than 5 minutes at a time because they don't know when to stop and cool down. I haven't even wanted to work out either. I have pretty much been keeping inside and not doing much at all.

My birthday is coming up this weekend. I think though, I will have to save my comments for that for another post. I have a lot on my mind right now.

I hope all are enjoying your summers. I wish I could enjoy a little bit more of mine, but I feel like it is flying by and I don't have any time to myself to do the things I want to do. I am also trying desperately to pay off my last credit card so I can start paying off some other things, but it seems that the more I try, the more I spend. What am I going to do about that?

So, what have you been up to?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I can't seem to get through "My Fair Lazy" it isn't keeping me interested as much as her other books did.
Thanks for the heads up on the Jaycee Duggard bio, I'm definitely getting that one and saving it for my holidays!