Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend Recap...

I know that I am about a day late on posting this, but here I am now!






Did you have a good weekend? I know I did. My parents went camping for the weekend, so I had the house to myself with Isabelle and it was very quiet, relaxing, yet very productive.



Friday: I chilled out this day. I allowed myself to sit back, watch TV and even a movie for the whole evening. I did manage to paint my nails, which I have been wanting to do for weeks now, although, I didn't get a picture of them, and then proceeded to screw them up on Sunday. We had severe weather come through our area, so I did spend about half an hour in the basement.



Saturday: I slept in until about 9 am and it was great! Isabelle and I had a great time relaxing together. While I was working on my To Do list, Isabelle spent most of her time like this:




Here is what my To Do List looked like:


Feed Birds

Organize Receipts (about 3 months worth)

Read Magazines

Do Budget

Paint Nails

Organize Mail

Organize Mary Kay Desk

Make Bed (cause, you know I slept most of the morning)

Vacuum

Make Pillows

Look up Apartments



I know that some of you may think that this list is silly, but I wanted to make sure I had fun too. Here is all that is left on this list:



Organize my Mary Kay Desk



This was the only thing I didn't get done on Saturday. It felt so good to accomplish these things. I am trying to move out and I realized while organizing my receipts, I spent waaaayyyyyy too much money on take out in two months time. This was one reason while I started saving my receipts. The number I came up with was outrageous and I am ashamed of myself. But, it's a new start. I even sent some bills out as well. And yes, I still write checks for most of my bills.



Did you notice my last sewing project? My gift to my mom was new throw pillows for the couch. I picked out the fabric, which took forever to do by the way, and the pillow inserts. I was able to watch two movies while getting this all done and here they are:





The pictures may not be the best, but it makes a big difference. I didn't take a picture of the back of them, but they each have an overlapping flap so that the covers can come off and be changed. I was so proud of myself. Finally, the sewing machine is put away.



I have to show you a picture of the magazines I read over the weekend:





If you count them, you notice that there are 9 magazines in that pile. They have been collecting because I have been so tired/busy to read them. I read 7.5 of them completely! It feels good to say that I am caught up. Yay!



Sunday: I worked in the afternoon/evening. And I haven't even had time off yet.



Overall, I had a terrific weekend! Isabelle and I were able to go for a walk and sit/play outside too. The weather was perfect and I am so happy now.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

A quiet weekend filled with alone time sounds wonderful!!! You got a lot done and those pillows are awesome! You are so creative and crafty. I'm jealous. :)

The Pink Owl said...

Your weekend sounds perfect! Love the pillows that you made, as well!

Lin said...

What a fun weekend. I love the throw pillows...totally cute!

AG said...

Those pillows are great! You've inspired me. I need to make some new pillows. Stat.