Thursday, June 2, 2011

Let's Recap!

Hi everyone! It's been a week since I last posted. Sorry about that. I have been trying to catch up in the office since I was gone for one day. Did you have a great weekend? I know I did! I was able to completely relax and enjoy myself it was so much fun. I have a few pictures for you as to what I have been up to.



Camping: My mom and I joined my dad on Friday evening at a great campground and proceeded to have a great time. We were so "busy" (read: entertained) that I never picked up the book I took with me. We went to an all town garage sale, flea markets, antique stores, and got caught in the rain on one day. The next day, we went on a five mile hike with the dogs and when we were about 100 yards into the hike, it started to rain. Luckily, we were under tree canopies the whole time and it wasn't a complete downpour. We got wet, but the rain made the hike more fun. We discovered that my mom had family not only in the same campground, but literally 4 campsites from us. It was fun to chat with them for a while too. I was lucky enough to have Monday off (can you believe it?) so that morning, we drove to another town and toured some places, went to more antique stores, and I was able to get three different kinds of coffee from this great little coffee shop I love. Keep in mind that this coffee shop is over 2 hours from my house. I came home that day to get things cleaned up and ready for the week. Here is a picture I want to share with you. The story behind it: It was so humid on Saturday and we had so much moisture in the air, we were having a serious problem getting the fire started. This was my dad's genius idea:

Yes, that is a fan blowing on the fire. And yes, we did camp in electric. It worked though!




Cleaning: Last night, I cleaned up the basement and got it all vacuumed. It was kind of gross. I have a Mary Kay corner where I keep my desk and such and it had gotten way out of hand! I mean, I am embarrassed to show this before picture, but it made me feel so much better to get everything cleaned up. This is what happens when you spend over 50 hours a week at work for a month.


Awful, huh?



Here it is all finished!





Look how great it looks! I still have a tower of paperwork to sort through, but I am so happy that my space is clean again. Did you happen to notice a small but still kind of big change to the desk? I picked up some glass knobs at a flea market and replaced the awful ones that came with the desk. The story behind the desk: This was my great grandmother's desk from many years ago. We have had this desk in our family for about 20 years. I love the new knobs. I think it looks classier and more polished.


Before:


After:




I also made one of my favorite recipes for an employee pot luck and my dad and I put out a new birdhouse, but that will be a different post.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I wish I could find a fun area to take Brian & Ellie camping to. It would of course need showers and restrooms though. Glad you had a great time! Love the new knobs on your desk also. So fun!!!