Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Have a Confession...

...my confession is this: clutter gives me anxiety.






I have a big problem with clutter. I can't stand it. I really start have a physical reaction to clutter. A lady once saw me desk at work and said: "Oh my gosh, your desk is so clean. That's a sign of a sick mind."



Thanks. I take pride in my clean desk.



My desk at work is so clean for a work space and I only focus on one this at a time. If I need to switch gears and work on something different, what I was originally working on goes off to the side. If it's a binder or folder, that gets closed and put to the side. I just spent a good 30 minutes yesterday morning organizing my bookcase at work. It doesn't look a whole lot different, but I makes a big difference to me. I am also getting ready to organize some documents that are currently taking up space in my file drawer into binders to store on my shelf.






My coworker has a lot of stacks on her desk. She's doesn't have a problem with it and it isn't completely horrible, and she even knows where things are on her desk. However, its all in stacks. I wish I could take a picture of our two desks side by side for you. It really looks night and day.




Not only does clutter at work bother me, so does clutter at home. Since I live with my parents, my bedroom continues to need de-cluttering. Guess what? It's that time again! Time for a garage sale!







Yay!


I have a lot to do before next Saturday, but the most important thing is to get the ad to the paper by tomorrow. I am so excited and I can't wait to clean out this mess. Okay, so it's not really a mess. Everything is stored in bins and bags, but I can't wait to get rid of it.



If you have a problem like me, but don't know exactly what to do, while searching for images for this post, I stumbled across this site.



1 comment:

AG said...

clutter drives me nuts too! I'm trying to start an organizing business. My desk at work is super neat too so I can relate. :)

Good luck with your yard sale!