Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Hello everyone! I hope you guys had a good weekend. Mine was pretty great!


Friday: I did have to work late and it wasn't fun at all. The event ended up with 50+ more people than anticipated, it took my setup guy 5 hours to set a room that would normally take 3, the event started to run out of food, and I didn't get home until 11 pm.


Saturday: I got up early, took a nice hot shower, and went to my cousin's high school graduation. I am so proud of him. The class was over 600 students (mine was 91), but the whole thing only took 2 hours. One full hour was dedicated to calling out the names. Hint: You know the high school is too big when graduation requires: flashing traffic signs, traffic cops at every intersection for a square mile, a two line format, and a rented college arena. Yep. It's all completely true.


Saturday was also the day I got my hair done. I am so excited! My stylist made it through our appointment, even though she is going on maternity leave, has already started to dilate, and lost her mucus plug (gross, but I need to give you a reason why we are so excited she made it). I told her that I wanted a lot of layers, could still do a ponytail, and some highlights. Other than that, she was free to do whatever she wanted. We are both very pleased with the outcome. I will post pictures from this entire weekend later this week. Right now, I am unable to upload the photos from my camera.


That evening, I decorated the cake for my cousin's graduation party. I had a couple of "moments" during that process where I had to step away from the project and come back to it after a cleaned kitchen and a glass of champagne. The cake turned out great and I think I was channeling my aunt at one point in the process. This completes project number 2 of my list.


Sunday: I got up early, put some laundry away, and went to the party. We had a great time as a family and were able to celebrate my cousin's accomplishment with lots of food, fun, and laughter. I am so proud of him and happy to have been able to spend the time with my family. After the party ended, my mom, myself, a family friend, my grandma, and my uncle sat around and chatted for a couple of hours. It was really nice to have that time together. He even let me go through the movie cabinet and pull out all of the ones I wanted for $1 each. There were tons of movies in this cabinet and I pulled out 34 movies! All of them are movies that I love, but don't own yet. Some of them haven't even been opened. My aunt was one of those people. :) I now have to add to my collection, although I have no idea where to put them.


Sunday evening, we had a storm go through our area, but we were lucky enough that our location only got heavy rain and high winds. All of the surrounding areas though got hit pretty hard. We lost power three times, but it immediately came back on. I was in the process of cooking dinner when that happened, but the meal still turned out good. My heart goes out to all of those in the Joplin, Missouri area as they try to clean up from the devastation.


How was your weekend? Did you have a good one?

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

I can't wait to see your hair! I bet that it is so cute! Hopefully you post some photos of the cake, too. That would be such a fun talent to have!