Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Recap...And So Much More

Hello everyone! So much has happened in the past month. I have been going non-stop for a month and I still have the busiest month of the year so far ahead of me.



Friday: I went to help finish setting up for the benefit sale of my aunts personal items. I spent 5 days helping my grandma price things and there was so much stuff. There really isn't anything else to describe it. Stuff. And lots of it. There is still more stuff to go through, but I think it is all the personal knick knacks and such. By 7 pm, we were all set and ready to go for the next day. I met my parents and some of their friends at the local pool hall for a drink. I made a promise last fall that when I got a job, I would buy a round for everyone. Well, I stayed true to my promise and did just that. This group of people is amazing, but I will dedicate a special post just to them.


Saturday: The sale started at 7:30 am, but when I arrived at 20 minutes after 7, there was already a huge crowd of shoppers. I was told they were waiting at 7 am. We kept a strong and steady crowd for over 2 hours, then it kind of slowed a little, but still stayed steady. We were ready to close up at 12:30, but there were a few people shopping. We ended up getting everything that was left (and it really wasn't much) packed up and were out of there by 2 pm. The sale was very successful and I am so happy. I prayed for a good crowd, and that is what we got. We had things priced very cheap (like I always do for garage sales) and we still made almost $1500! There was a great donation made to Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the rest went to my cousin and uncle. It was bittersweet and kind of finalizing, but still don't think the death of my aunt has completely set in with me yet.


Sunday: I went to Toys R Us to try and find this Lego alarm clock for my nephew's birthday, but of course, they didn't have the one I wanted. I have been looking for this things since Christmas. I think I am going to go back every week and look and if they have it, I will buy it and keep it for a Christmas gift. I ended up getting a really cool Star Wars ship lego set, which he loved. The birthday party was great, even though I really hate WWE wrestling, but was forced to watch WrestleMania. After 3 hours, I had had enough and went home to rest. He was so surprised and was so excited to see his cake and the show. His cake was awesome too!




And now for the "So Much More"...for now Have you ever wondered to yourself, "What am I doing here?" That has been in my head for quite some time. I won't go into details here right now, but I have been asking myself this question for a while. Have you ever asked yourself that? I have started looking at different options for a place to live to keep in mind because I am just a few payments away from paying off my last credit card! I am so excited and feel so accomplished and can't wait for that day to come. I have a lot of "house cleaning" type things to do at work today and my plan is to finish those items today, and then finish detailing the month of April by this Thursday morning. I have 6 events left to finish and you wouldn't think that would take long, but really, it does. Wish me luck because my to do list keeps getting longer and longer... I haven't been able to get a picture of my costume with my shoes, but here is what I have from the party.

Rosanne, Jem, Peggy

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Gwen said...

$1500 is amazing!!! Your family is so blessed to have you to help them with everything.

I love your Peg Bundy costume!!! So fun!!!