Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Hello Readers! I don't have a lot of exciting things to say this week. I will be so happy when April is over. This job has definitely been a huge adjustment and I am having a hard time with it. I learned last week that my payroll was going to go over for the month, so I had to cut employee hours and will be working a lot of events myself. The problem with this? I also have to detail all of May events, still do my sales calls, train a new employee, and remember to place orders on time. Speaking of orders, I over order all the time on linens, every week actually, and it seems that all of the napkins tend to disappear. It's insane to have a set up crew come in and say, we don't have enough linens to finish setting the room. *sigh* There are so many distractions in the office that I am completely jealous of another sales girls office with a door that can be shut and the potential to hide, or even distance herself. I don't know how any of the women got work done before we started. Anyway, here is a recap of my weekend. Friday: I had to work late and help flip a room in thirty minutes for a dinner. The flip went great and we had some time to spare thanks to all of the sales team getting together to help. That night, I polished off the rest of the bottle of champagne I had left over from Champagne Thursday and watched "How Do You Know" with Mom. I had to get to bed early because since the breakfast was late on Friday morning, I had to go into work just to make sure that the breakfast was served 15 minutes early. Saturday: I got up at 4:30 am and was at work by 5:45. When my morning girl came in, she was surprised to see me. Even our guests (it was a multi-day event) said, "I'm sorry you had to come in for breakfast." I was only at work to make sure that the breakfast was served 15 minutes prior to the start time. Yeah. Not thrilled. I got home a little before 8 am and went back to bed in my most comfortable sweats, pulled the covers over my head, and fell back asleep. I ended up taking a 4 hour nap and woke up at noon. After that, I did a few things around the house, then took a shower and my parents and I went out for a slightly early dinner at 5 pm. We had some good Mexican food and I came home completely stuffed. To be honest, I really don't remember much of that night. I think I spent most of it catching up on the DVR and working from home for about 2 hours. Sunday: I was able to sleep in and I was so excited. Isabelle and I cuddled for a while before getting up too. I made a list of all the things I wanted to get done that wasn't work related and came up with a list of 11 things. I was able to complete 6 of those things and it felt good. I organized, cleaned out my closet, filled the bird feeders and more. It really felt good to get some of those things done. Mom and I went shopping for a little bit and I found some adorable dresses on sale. I really hope they are on sale next week when I get paid. :) It was my night to cook dinner for our weekly dinner and games night at Mrs. P's house and I cooked spaghetti. We played Trivial Pursuit and had a lot of fun. Mrs. P and I both lost to Mr. P, but for the first time ever, I had more pie pieces than Mrs. P! That never happens! It was a great night! I hope you all had a great weekend! Hopefully I will get to post more often this week. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad your back!! Sorry you've been working so much and the next few weeks will be busy - maybe you can take a vaca sometime soon???