Monday, March 28, 2011

Time to Catch Up

Umm...anyone there? I know that it has been quite a while. 11 days exactly. Do I still have readers? Of course, how can you be a reader if I don't post anything to read? Let's play a little catch up, shall we?

Work is getting busy, it's not really much fun right now, and I hired a new employee (my cousin). That's all I am going to say about that. I have made the decision to work my Mary Kay as a business instead of a hobby and am putting myself out there to meet new people. I attended a spring show in a small town near me. It was on a Saturday and started at 8 am. Did I mention that this was going until 3 pm? That's a 6 hour show. There were 11 vendors and by noon, 4 of us packed up and left. We had 5 people come by. All of which were older, and only 2 people bought something from some vendors. I had a small giveaway and was able to get 3 names, so I guess that's good. I also had the pretty pink table, so all of the little girls kept coming over and playing with my stuff. Even my (personal) color compact that was displayed on a pedestal was subjected to 4 year old fingers. If you are a vendor at a show, do not bring your children if they are not able to entertain themselves for the amount of time they are there.I have another event coming up in April and I am looking forward to it. Maybe I will get some more names.

I attended Mary Kay Career Conference over the weekend. I first had to beg (just shy of being on my knees) to leave 4 hours early on Friday to make it to Kansas City on time. I arrived shortly before 4 pm and proceeded to wait in line to check in for about 30 minutes. After that, I was able to change, meet up with my MK sisters, get my registration packet picked up, grab a quick dinner, and attend the opening session. I won't go into too much detail about the event, but I will tell you that over the weekend, I became very inspired (more than ever before), made some big decisions, learned so much information, and left with an enthusiasm that has been vacant from my life for a few years. It was incredible!

We are having a benefit sale of some of my aunt's personal items this weekend. We have been very busy getting things cleaned out and priced. I am going to my grandma's again tonight to try and finish. More things keep coming up. It's amazing how much stuff one person can own. It's kind of funny though because there was always a joke that my aunt had a lot of "stuff". There really is no other way of describing it. Proceeds from the sale will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

My honorary nephew is celebrating his 10th birthday in April and his parents are throwing a surprise party about a week early (this Sunday) that is themed Wrestlemania! Yeah, I am not really into it, but I am making a really cool cake. I will post about that later.

I attended the costume birthday party on Saturday after returning home from Kansas City. I was really excited about my Peg Bundy costume. Because I was so busy, I didn't have a chance to find a great outfit, so I had to pull from my own closet. I have to say, it turned out really well. As soon as I find a picture that includes my shoes, I will post photos. I think that just about covers it. I have to get back to work now because my employees are showing up and I need to give them something to do.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

You have been quite the busy bee!!! I'm glad you have a new found enthusiasm for your Mary Kay business!!! That's awesome! And I can't wait to see photos of this costume!!! Have a great afternoon!!!

Katie said...

That's great! MK has some great products. Good luck with it!

Lin said...

Holy cow, you've been busy! Make sure to keep us updated every now & then, I was starting to miss ya :)

Heather Pranitis said...

Hello Ms. Attitude! Love the blog and theme. Love it. And its ok to be incognito from your blog for a "bit". And don't forget to take some time "me" time for you. Have a great week!