Thursday, March 3, 2011

Costume Party

Hello! I have been invited to a costume party, but first, I need to give you your daily dose of sarcasm.
You know what I just absolutely love? When people reserve a meeting space for a certain time, and I bust my a$$ to get up and to work early to make sure everything is right, then spend about 15 minutes rearranging things to make it perfect, then the group doesn't show up on time. It is currently 8:24 am and the "meeting" was supposed to start at 8. This happens more than you'd think. It's a good thing I didn't schedule anyone this morning because that would have been a waste of payroll.


Anyway, back to the fun part of this post. Mr. P (Mrs. P's husband) is celebrating a birthday this month! What's really great is that they are having a costume party with the theme of "80s Movies and TV". You know I love me some 80s! We are all going to dress up as a character from an 80s movie or TV show. One couple is going as Dan and Rosanne, Mrs. P is going to be Jem, Mr. P is going as The Greatest American Hero, and my character of choice........






I have been preparing for this for a few weeks. I have watched old episodes again to get characteristics and mannerism. I have been paying close attention to her outfits and have noticed trends that I am going in search of at local vintage shops. I am even getting a wig! I can't wait, I am so excited!



PS. It is now 15 minutes to 9 am and the group still hasn't arrived.

4 comments:

Lin said...

Wow...not only are they late but they're REALLY late! I'd be super annoyed too. Did they pay for the room? I hope they did, that way you can keep the money, haha.

I love costume parties, how fun! I love your choice too. That used to be my favorite show back in the day. Hope you have a great time!

AG said...

That's a GREAT costume! I love the hair! :)

I wish you could post pictures but I know you can't. But I bet you'll do a great job with it.

From the Mind of Thomasina said...

I love Peg Bundy! Make sure you post pics!!

Mrs. S. said...

What a fun costume! I love it!