Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Hello readers! How was your weekend? Did you get to do anything exciting? My weekend was long, but not is a good sense.

Friday: I worked late trying to get things done before the weekend in the office. I then went home and had fajitas for dinner and mellowed.

Saturday: I was at work at 9 am to begin setup and supervising of deliveries for the wedding reception we had that day. I was supposed to be able to leave for a couple of hours at 3 pm when another sales manager came in, but I didn't get to leave until 5 pm and was back before 6. By that time, the event was starting and it was non-stop all night. Luckily, the reception started winding down earlier than expected (about 30 minutes actually) and that made a big difference in the cleanup in order to leave at a decent time. I was home by 1 am. That was a very long day and I hope my boss will take a little pity on me and let me have a half day this week.

Sunday: I helped with laundry, fed my birds, gave the dogs a bath, helped my grandma, went to the grocery store, made 2 cherry cheesecakes and then went to Mrs. P's house for our weekly dinner/games/movie night. We were planning on watching a movie, but instead watched a marathon of How I Met Your Mother. I have never been a big fan of the show, but there were some episodes that had laugh-out-loud moments. Dinner was great and we had cheesecake for dessert along with Chocolate Hazelnut coffee. Mmmm....

Sunday night, we had a rough thunderstorm roll through. The wind was insane! There was really fierce lightening and poor Isabelle spent a lot of time under the bed. I watched the last 45 minutes of the Oscars and was thrilled for the winners of Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Motion Picture. I have only seen one of the movies nominated (Toy Story 3), and I want to see more now. I got to bed a little late, so I am a little tired today, but that's alright I guess. That's why there is coffee.

No comments: