Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Recap...

How long has it been since I have done a weekend recap? Oh, let me see...4 Weeks Ago! The only lame excuse I have is that I have been really busy with work trying to learn everything and then by the time I get home, I am too tired to lift the laptop. Anyway, I think I may be back on track. At least, I hope. This past weekend was the first weekend in a very long time that I haven't had anything to do.

Friday: That evening after working late to catch up on some things, I picked up Chinese for dinner, watched Home Improvement and Will and Grace, and called it a night. I was still tired from the long hours I had to put in on Wednesday and Thursday.

Saturday: I helped my mom pick out some new glasses, then my parents and I did our weekly thing of going to a local brewery to watch the basketball game, enjoy good drinks and good food. That evening, I got caught up on some things around the house that have been piling up. I have some paperwork to file, but I was able to sort a lot of it. I finally filed my nails (after about 3 weeks of them breaking constantly) and I was able to post about the blizzard. Check out my last post if you'd like. I love you all, but I am too lazy to link to it. :) I caught up on some of my shows and relaxed the rest of the night.

Sunday: I got laundry put away, gave the dogs a bath, got to read from my book (that I have been trying to finish for the last month), and got to visit some of my favorite people!

I was able to hang out with Grandma for a while and chat with her at her house for over 3 hours. I love going to Grandma's. We can talk for hours. I only hope that when I am 70+ years old, that my social calendar is as full as hers. I guess I need to meet some people. After visiting Grandma, I went back to the house for a while, then went over to Mrs. P's house for dinner and games again! We haven't been able to get together for 3 weeks because one of us was sick, or we got busy. It was so much fun catching up with her and her sister.

We always have a good time and we were able to have good conversation this time too! Mrs. P is a very good cook and I love to watch her make dinner. We enjoyed 2 bottles of wine and played Disney's Scene It. I won! Usually Mrs. P kicks everyone's butt. I was pretty excited. We have already planned everything for next week. It gives me something to look forward to and I am very excited. We are having stir fry, so what do you think I should take for dessert?

How was your weekend? Did you get to have fun?

2 comments:

Lin said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Mine was ok. I wish I'd done more but whatever haha.

The last time I ate stir fry we had homemade brownies w/vanilla bean ice cream on top so that popped right into my head. If you're strapped for time just buy the already made brownies ;)

Kim said...

hope some of your blizzard snow is starting to melt! I'm totally ready for spring!!! It was 70 here on Friday and then we got 3 inches of snow last night - boo!