Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wait...What?!

It's been over a week since I blogged last? What?! No way!
Well I guess it's true. I haven't posted in over a week, but I have been reading and commenting though. I didn't realize I hadn't posted in so long. My previous office warm up included a quick post. I have noticed recently, that I don't really have the time to do that anymore. With my new job, I stay pretty busy all day long. In fact, I have never noticed time to go by so fast as it does since I have started my new job. It's crazy how fast the day goes. You can be busy all day long and at the end of the day, you feel like you haven't gotten anything done. Anyway, enough about work.

We had a crazy blizzard come through last week. In all my life, I have never seen so much snow come with one day's storm. We got 19 inches of snow with drifts up to 3 feet deep. It was crazy! We were all housebound for 2 whole days. One of those days was spent entirely shoveling our driveway. By hand. That is over 100 yards of shoveling in snow as deep as 24 inches in some places. I got some great pictures of the snow day and I will post those in a separate post, but I will share a couple with you here.






While driving home on Thursday, I noticed that my car started to shake terribly. The vibrations from the steering wheel would shake my whole upper body. It was really scary to be driving. I had some stops to make on my way home and was afraid to drive over 45 mph. I have to take 2 highways home and I was getting worried. I finally made it to my dad's workplace and called a tow truck. I was able to leave my car there overnight to be picked up and taken to the dealership the next day. The tow truck wasn't able to come for 4-8 hours, so I left it there. They obviously didn't pay attention to the notes on my account because I received a phone call at 12:30 am from the towing company. Then, in the morning, I called the company and they told me they first didn't realize that I had left my keys in the car (it was a note they didn't read). Next, they couldn't get to my car right away because of a lot of police calls that came in and those took priority. Then, there were a lot of people that needed jump starts. Hello!! My car can't sit in a parking lot all day! Finally, at 4 pm, my car made it to the dealership. They couldn't look at it until Saturday morning.

Come to find out, it was a huge block of ice that had formed on my wheel and that was throwing it completely out of balance. That was all that was wrong with my car. Yay! I want to include here that the roadside assistance number on the driver's window of a Chevy is a great number. They were really helpful, friendly, and persistent. I received a phone call from them every 1.5 hours Thursday night beginning at 10:30 pm. Even they didn't read the note that my keys were in the car, but they were very apologetic when I told them that my car was going to be picked up in the morning when they called at 4 am.

My mom and I went shopping today and I got a really cute skirt with a new suite jacket. Both for just $50! Yay me! Then, at the next store, I got a cute owl necklace, earrings, a star brooch, and a sequined headband for $24. I am really excited!

I finally figured out how to set up automatic transfers from my checking to savings account online and that starts tomorrow. Now, I will never had to worry about remembering to put money into my savings. I realize I am lame for just figuring this out, but I am still happy about it.

I made birthday cakes for a set of twins (one boy, one girl) this weekend that was Toy Story 3 inspired. I was pretty excited to make them, but I forgot to take pictures. They were both two tiered but were still different. Hers was modeled after Jessie with a cow print lower tier and a red upper tier to symbolize her pants and hat. His had a blue lower tier with a light orange upper tier to symbolize Woody's jeans and shirt. I have decided though, that I will try not to use the Wilton tube icing to do the writing anymore unless absolutely necessary because it makes my hand cramp and shake. I will mix my own colors and use a piping bag from now on.
Well, I think I have gotten you all pretty caught up on the last week now. Thanks for sticking around to the end of this long post. I hope you all are enjoying the Super Bowl and the commercials. I made chili (really good) and am enjoying some Budweiser. Have a good night!

1 comment:

AG said...

That is a lot of snow! We have it here but I just can't get over how much snow actually exists.

I would love to have seen the cakes. They sound adorable!