Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Blizzard of 2011

I look outside and it's hard to believe that just 2 weeks ago, we were under over 2 feet of snow. Feb. 1 was when the blizzard hit. I have never in my life seen so much snow come with one storm. We were prepared though because the news kept warning us. Here are some photos from the 2 snow days.

The crazy birds that were flocking to the feeders. This was during the storm and we already had over a foot of snow.

Can you find Annie?


Across the road, our neighbor got his truck stuck.


Isabelle plowed through the 3 foot snow drifts to play fetch. The dogs were having a good ol' time.




Our driveway is over 100 yards long and we shoveled over half of it by hand before our neighbor was able to get out of his driveway with the bobcat to help us finish it up. This took us over 4 hours.

I don't have a good picture of the pile of snow we formed while shoveling the driveway, but it was as tall as me and I am 5'2"!

Now, all of the snow is completely gone because for the last week and a half, we have had temperatures ranging from 50-75 degrees. It's comforting to know that spring is coming.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Wow that is a ton of snow!

Gwen said...

You all got a ton of snow!!! I'm so glad it's all melted now just in time for me to hear the stupid S word again for this week. BOO!

AG said...

snow is awful! Every winter I hate it a little more.