Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday readers!

What a long and busy weekend it was. I hope you all had fun this weekend. I worked.

Friday: Stayed late at work to help set up for a really big event since one of my setup crew didn't make it into work. (arg!) I was worn out because of this stupid cold thing I have. We were able to get everything set in three hours, so not too bad. When I got home, I went to bed at 9 pm because I had to get up early the next day. I ended up waking up many times throughout the night because I was worried I wasn't going to get up.

Saturday: Was up and at work at the not-so-bright and early time of 6 am! The contact for the event arrived at 6:30 and the rest of the day was spent adjusting the temperature way too many times and tending to 100 guests needs with coffee, water, tea, cookies, snack mix and candy. I didn't get to leave work until after 6 pm. This event went all day long. All of my little helpers left at 1 pm and I waited until my setup guy came in so I could leave. When I got home, I fell asleep on the couch and Mom finally yelled at me to go to bed. I was in bed at 8 pm and slept solid until my alarm went off at 5 am the next morning.

Sunday: Learned on Saturday that I didn't need to be at work until 7 am! Yay! We were expecting 3 inches of snow overnight, but nothing came except for a little dusting. I was all by myself all day long. It was a lot more quiet this time around, so I was able to focus on the training manual I am putting together. I was able to edit everything, so now, all I have to do is revise my copy, give a copy to my boss, get feedback from the chef, and then put it all together for the employees. Yippee! It's a long process, but it is finally moving forward.

After the event ended on Sunday, I had to clean it up and then reset a room for an event on Monday. I was able to get everything done is about 3 hours, so I was home by 4 pm. I was really tired and exhausted, so I changed into my big baggy comfy sweats immediately, played with my dog, and ate for the rest of the night. I took a nice long hot shower and was able to relax for the rest of the evening. I made brownies (yum!) and went to bed at 10 pm, like normal.

This morning, my alarm went off at its normal time of 6 am and I was back at work early to get ready for another event today. We have a busy week this week, but I think I will be able to take half a day off later in the week. I have a lot of detailing to do today, but I have already accomplished my tedious tasks for the day and the event is going well. Although, I broke my thumb nail this morning all the way down to the skin, so I have band aid on and its hard to type and flip through pages. That makes 4 nails broken in the last 3 days. *sigh*

How was your weekend!

2 comments:

Lin said...

A busy week & 4 broken nails...hope this week goes better :)

From the Mind of Thomasina said...

I hope your weekend is more relaxing!