Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday Readers!

For the most part, this weekend was a pretty good one. There were a few hours on Saturday that kind of sucked, but not too bad. Did you have a good weekend?

Friday: That night, I didn't do too much because I had to work the next morning. I stopped at a little store on the way home to pick up champagne, but they were out so I had to settle for wine. Oh well. I ended up reading my book and watching my DVR shows. It was a nice and relaxing evening.

Saturday: I had to be at work at 7 am and ended up getting there at 20 minutes til. Wow. That event didn't start off too well because the person who was scheduled to help with the food and brew the coffee didn't show up for work. Me and the chef ended up running around for the first hour trying to get everything in place. The event ended up starting about 20 minutes late. Oops. They did end on time though and I was able to clean up and leave.

After work, I went to the mall to return some items and get a new pair of pants. The pants I got were the same exact style and size of my favorite pants and they were a little tight. I have to take them back sometime this week and get a new pair. I also picked up a cute shirt on clearance and then went to get some lunch. I was able to enjoy lunch and read some more of my book. Saturday night, I was exhausted and didn't do anything the rest of the night.

Sunday: My mom has been sick with some sort of cold and I have been helping her with some things. We did a few chores around the house and I went to the grocery store. When I got home, I made some chili, then went over to Mrs. P's house to play some Clue. We and her sister love this game and we played last weekend and again yesterday and we decided to make it a weekly thing. Dinner and Clue. Sounds good to me. The last time we played, Mrs. P won all 4 games. This time, I knew the answer and was on my way to make the announcement and she figured out that I new and cut me off and won the game. ARG! Oh, well. We still had fun.

I read some more of my book last night and am almost finished with it now. Yay! Now, I need to figure out which book I want to read next. I made a list a while ago and need to revisit it to see what's on there. I have been trying to finish this book I am reading for weeks, I just have been too busy to focus on it.

Today, a new sales manager starts at work and one other sales manager is on vacation this week, so it should be interesting in the office this week. I have some work to do and some projects to work on, so I should be able to keep myself busy. We are also expecting 6-7 inches of snow today too. I hope the storm holds off until after I am able to get home. I don't want to drive home in a winter storm. It's also supposed to get below freezing in temperature too. Oh, boy.






How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Hopefully you made it home. It was crazy here yesterday with all the snow but I got lucky and was able to stay inside. :) Stay safe out there!!! XOXO