Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weekend Recap...

I have never been so busy at the holidays as I was this year. You'll recall from my last post how much happened this year. You will also recall how I was looking forward to a weekend of doing nothing, too. Right? Well, that didn't happen.

Friday: I gave myself a severe blood blister and bruise on the heel of my right hand while taking something apart at work. It looked terrible, but I am happy to report that it is getting a lot better everyday. There's barely a bruise and the blister is going down. You know, you never realize how much you use the heel of your hand until there is a giant blister on it.

That night, there was a Lighted Tractor Parade in my hometown. This was the 3rd year and it keeps getting bigger. Local farmers and such decorate their trucks and tractors with Christmas lights and displays and there is a parade in the evening. It was so much fun to spend time with friends and see the lights.

Saturday: I went over to my aunt and uncle's house to go through all of her baking stuff because I was given first choice. I didn't realize just how much I would be coming home with. She had A LOT of stuff. There is no other way to describe the items she had. My car is completely full and there are 3 more bins at their house still for me to pick up. I was there for 3 hours and barely got through half of the stuff. I know that I will use everything, I just need to organize it and label the bins. While doing this, I am going to go through all of the bins I have for my hope chest (a total of 12 big bins) and organize and label that as well.

Saturday night, my parents and I went to a really nice dinner (we're talking $150 for 3 entrees, 1appetizer and a bottle of wine) with some friends. It was such a nice dinner and we had a great time chatting at the table. I love the place we go to, but it is really expensive, so we only go once or twice a year.

Sunday: A friend was singing a cantata in church, so my family and some friends went to the service. It was a very lovely service and I was glad we got to do it as a family considering everything that has happened. After church, my dad and I went to a local brewery (his favorite place) and enjoyed a couple of hours there. Then, I was able to convince Dad to go shopping (he HATES shopping, especially at Christmas). We were able to get some nice things for my mom. And, he was done shopping and I didn't have to buy it and put his name on it. :)

Monday: I power shopped after work yesterday. I went to 6 stores and was home in 3 hours. I absolutely hate waiting this late to shop for Christmas, but not having a job for 5 months really through a wrench in those plans. All I have to do is order 1 gift for next week, get 1 small thing for Mom, and some crafty items, and I will be done. I might even buy some more toys for the dogs. :)

I am getting excited for after work today because after about 3 months, I am getting my hair done! Yay!

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Glad you had a great weekend!!! Anytime you hurt your hand or foot you notice how much you bump it. Hopefully it's completely gone now. Have a Merry Christmas my friend! XOXO