Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend Recap...

I am going to try and get back into the swing of things this week. A lot has happened over the last couple of weeks and I haven't blogged as much I as I want to. What was your weekend like? Did you get snow too? I woke up this morning to below 0 temperatures. Then, when I got in my car, it told me I needed air in my tires because they were 8 pounds low. Oops. I never let my tire pressure get that low.

Friday: First, at work, my boss told me that I am now in charge of all events. They are going to step back and let me take over, however, they will help me if I need it. Then, Mrs. P and her sister S met me at work to go shopping. They arrived an hour later then planned so we went to dinner first and had a blast! We had cocktails and a good dinner and lots of conversation and many laughs. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun! After that, we ended up going to Target and Wal-Mart. I got a couple of necessities and a gift for Dad. The other girls bought lots. I didn't get home that night until 12 am.

Saturday: I picked my grandma up to take her to finish her Christmas shopping in the morning. We power shopped and were home in 4.5 hours! That includes a sit down lunch and an hour driving time. Can you believe it? The wind really picked up on Saturday and it was bitter outside. Later that day, my mom and I went to a baby shower for a friend and then went out for drinks and snacks afterward. The shower was late in the day, so we didn't get home until 10 pm. It snowed that night and the wind was blowing was so hard that everything drifted.

Sunday: We had a family Christmas dinner to go to at lunchtime. It was so much fun to gather and eat delicious food. I am so glad I have a family of good cooks. We had more food than people. :) We exchanged gifts and had a wonderful time. That night, my mom and I watched Sex and the City 2. She got that for her gift and it was a really good movie! It was nice to put my sweats on and sit on the couch with the dogs.

It was such a busy weekend and I really just want to rest and do nothing.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Congrats on being in charge of all the events at work! We didnt get snow here in SoCal, not that we ever have lol, it was actually in the high 80's this weekend. I really really wish it would at least drop down to the 70's so it feels a little like December.

Gwen said...

Glad you had a great weekend and YAY for getting the reins handed over to you. That's so exciting!!! I was happy to see the snow but this bitter cold can leave anytime now. :) XOXO

Mrs. S. said...

Sounds like things are going really well at the new job! Glad to hear that you seem to be enjoying it!