Saturday, December 4, 2010

There's a New Angel in Heaven

After a 14 year battle with breast cancer, at the age of 49, my aunt passed away last night. She has gone to be with my grandpa to help watch over her family. She taught me how to make cakes and how to make crafts. These are two hobbies I love and now cherish. She was very active in the fight against breast cancer and the Relay for Life. My aunt had a good heart and was one of the strongest women I have ever known. So much so, that her stubbornness was enough to drive anyone crazy! She "takes the cake" as the best aunt I have ever have. I am going to miss her dearly and I made a promise to her on Monday and I will fulfill that promise.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. I am not quite sure what that reason is right now, but I will make an effort to support the causes that were very near and dear to my aunt and myself. I can rest easier now knowing that she is no longer suffering.

Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, and support. I have greatly appreciated it.

If you would like to learn more or show your support for the cause, please visit any of the following websites.










5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Miss Attitude, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mrs. S. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. It sounds like she was very strong in her 14 year battle. I'm sure that now she is in a place with no pain and no sadness. She is going to be there to watch over your family.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lin said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt, it sounds like she was a great person.

Gwen said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. God always picks the best. Take comfort in knowing that your Aunt is now at peace with no hurt or illness now. Praying for you my friend. XOXO

Sweet-Britches said...

I h*te that this happened to your aunt. She sounded lovely. :o(