Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holy Crap!

It's amazing how the time during the day flies by when you are busy at work. And this is the slower time of the year! I have had some crazy hours this week because I have been staying late to observe. I finished all of my online training courses yesterday and am excited to get started on actually "working". I am getting my desk and work area all organized and am making a list of projects to do. This Saturday is my Saturday (we work every third one) and I already know what I will be doing.

Aside from work, we have been spending a lot of time at the hospital with my aunt. The doctors have told us that the cancer has spread to the brain and her body is giving out. Things as bad enough that she can't communicate anymore either. There is nothing that they can do but make her comfortable. We have started to say our goodbyes and are trying to come to terms with the future loss of my aunt.

I want to make a new Christmas wreath this year to match our new black and gold tree theme, but I don't get paid until Monday, so I guess I will have to wait. I am excited to make it though because I have some ideas for it and want to make something so bad.

A little rant here: I want it to be made very clear that I support my local firemen and police departments, however, do not call me at 8:40 pm asking for a donation. First of all, I just got a new job. Second, I do not have the ability to donate even the "fixed income"minimum. I will support you in other ways though. Please don't take it personally.

It's time to get to work now. I hope you all are having a good week.

No comments: