Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Common Sense

WARNING--RANT BELOW

My employees have no common sense! I am going to go as far as extending this statement towards the service staff that is employed by another entity. I am really pissed right now because of some information that was given to me and I have only been at work for 30 minutes.

A couple of days ago, I was informed that our garbage disposal in the kitchen wasn't working. Okay, who knows what the problem is, we will just have to wait for maintenance to take a look at it, which was yesterday. I heard people working in there, but wasn't able to check on anything because of a project I was working on.

Fast forward to this morning, I run into the maintenance man and ask him is the disposal is working now. He tells me yes, but then the GM cuts in to tell me what he found in there. First, before I go any farther, why didn't anyone tell me this yesterday?! I would have like to have known what was found/done before I left yesterday considering they were done working on the stupid thing way before I left.

What did he find, you may ask? Well, bits of plastic garbage bags, stir sticks, and candle wax. Yep, like I said, the staff has absolutely no common sense. This is going to be a problem. Are you fucking kidding me? Stir sticks? Garbage bags? The kicker here, there is a sign directly above the disposal that reads: "DO NOT PUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN FOOD DOWN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL!"


You better believe that the staff is going to get an ear full from me when they come in next.

Rant over...at least until my coworkers come in.

Happy Wednesday to you, I hope yours starts off better than mine.

4 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

People worry me...yes, I agree, there needs to be more common sense out there.

Gwen said...

WOW!!! Where were these people raised? Who puts stuff like that in the sink anyways. Make a stop at the garbage can. Good luck girl!! XOXO

James Dunn said...

If you want to do something about hiring employees that have no common sense, then vote on an essay with a high rating for the winning funds to be used for startup funding of a 501(c)3 that will broadly teach common sense.

http://www.fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2045

Spread the word.

James Dunn said...

If you want to take action so that you have more candidates to hire from that have common sense, vote with high ratings for the essay at

http://www.fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2045

The winning funds will be used for startup funding of a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation dedicated to the broad teaching of common sense.

The prototype website is found at

www.ua-kits.com

Unlocking Aptitude - Knowledge in Translational States