Monday, December 27, 2010

Weekend Recap...Christmas Edition

Merry Christmas everyone! I know it's a couple of days late, but better late than never! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and was able to spend time with their family and friends. I had a great Christmas. Things were a little different this year with my aunt gone, but it will be better next year.

Thursday: I had finally finished my shopping on Wednesday, so I first baked the cupcakes I meant to take to my office party, then, I spent a large chunk of the night wrapping. I put in a Christmas movie and wrapped all of my gifts for other people (with the exception of one that is still in the making). I have to mention here how much I love wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby. I opened a brand new roll of 100 sq. ft. and was able to wrap about 20 gifts or more. It was incredible!

Friday: I got the day off, surprisingly, and was able to bake my first cherry pie (it was delicious). I also made some mini Christmas trees to take to the cemetery. They turned out nice and look better than any wreaths I saw. That night, we went to Grandma's like normal, but it felt more like we were just going through the motions. You could tell that with everyone there and it was kind of sad. We were all blessed with great gifts and after my uncle and my cousin left, my parents and I sat and chatted and watched TV with my grandma for a few hours.

Saturday: It was a wonderful Christmas! We had received about 3 inches of snow the day before, so we woke up to a white Christmas. I love snow at Christmas. I am truly blessed with wonderful parents and family and received some amazing gifts this year. We all got things we had asked for and then more. The afternoon and evening was spent watching movies, eating, and just lounging around. We normally cook the traditional Christmas dinner, but with so much going on this year, we kept it to finger foods and homemade pizza.

Sunday: Mom and I did a little shopping, but nothing to extravagant. We didn't get to the stores until after 12 pm, so a lot of stuff was picked over and the big sales were done. That's okay though, we just wanted to get out of the house. When we got home, I decided to stick to my plan and pulled out everything in my hope chest, (aka, 12 40 gal bins and then some) double checked everyone, organized and condensed, and labeled everything! It was a 3+ hour process, but I got it all done. I even pulled out of there a whole 40 gal. bin of things I had kept that I don't even need or want. I wondered why I even kept some of those things. Now, all I have to do is go through the cake things I received and get those organized. It feels good to have done that.

It's back to work today and I have already had one person who is being persistent on getting a space for today for free, which I can't do without approval from my boss, who just happens to not be here today. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

WOW!!! I'm so jealous of your snow!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas and got the unexpected day off. That's always wonderful. :) XOXO