Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Mindless Musings of the Unemployed--The Last Installment

That's right! You read that title correctly. I got a job!! And I start on Monday. I am beyond excited and I can't wait. However, I still have some mindless musings to share with you.

I started reading Julie Andrew's autobiography and I must say, the first couple of chapters were having a hard time keeping my attention. After about 3 chapters I think, I started to get really hooked because she talks about her early childhood during World War II. It's very interested so far and I can't wait to continue reading.

Yesterday, I hung up blinds in a double window that have never had blinds in them in the 19 years we have lived in this house. I also hung new curtains and a new curtain rod. After a couple of hours of cursing and drilling and measuring, the window looks amazing! I am so excited about it and I can't help but look over at the window. I love them!

I have a short in the power cord for my laptop and I need to find out if I can get a replacement. Does anyone know if this is possible?

The birds in the backyard are pigs! I have mentioned this before, but it's true. I filled a feeder with sunflower seeds and two days later, it was empty.

I have finished another person on my Christmas shopping list. That's 3 down, 7 to go. I know what I am getting everyone except my mom and Mrs. P.

I am a little nervous about my first personal property taxes this year. I have owned my car for over a year now and I should be receiving that bill soon. I have no idea what to expect either.

I am using this week to put things in order and prepare for my new job. It's kind of sad because I am going to miss spending the days with the dogs, being able to cuddle with them whenever I want. I am also going to miss getting up without an alarm clock in the mornings too. It's time to start getting up at 6 am on a daily basis.

My face had another flashback to puberty last week and it's all broken out again, which is really annoying. I have been using a new cleanser which I like and it seems to have started clearing up. I hope it clears up before I start working.

Have you ever had that icky feeling where you think you are sick, but you really aren't? I have had a sore throat, hot flashes, sneezing, itching nose, etc. There's Alka Selzer in the house, but is it gross tasting? I am afraid to try it.

I tried to reschedule my hair appointment (it was scheduled for what will be my second day of work) and the earliest I can get in is on the 27th. That's next Saturday! My girl is always so hard to get into. My dad asked me last night if there was only one place I could go, but there is only one girl I have found that I really trust with my hair. It's my favorite feature and I am very picky about my hair.

It really ticks me off when company's hold onto a check I wrote them for a whole week (or more) before they deposit it. I sent that to you at that time because that's when it needed to come out of my account. Stop screwing up my budget and bank account!

Since we are doing a black and gold tree this year, I am going to make a black and gold wreath for the door. I am really excited, but I need to wait a couple of weeks to get the stuff to make it. Making wreaths is my favorite crafty thing to do! I have made an angel one, a snowman one, a Santa one, 2 for my grandma, 1 for a lucky blog reader last year, one for a housewarming gift, one for a family gift exchange, and numerous others for throughout the year. I really want to try and make a ribbon wreath too.

My legs are cramped up today and I don't know why.

I need to get refill pages for my planner too.

I think that just about covers everything for this last installment of the Mindless Musings of the Unemployed.

4 comments:

The Pink Tutu said...

Congrats on the job!! How exciting! Your black and gold tree sounds like it will be so pretty.

Lin said...

Yay for you & the new job!

Gwen said...

I'm so excited for you to start your job!!! I can't wait to see photos of the black & gold tree!!! Definitely get those planner pages before Monday. Start a new job with new pages!!! We got our personal property tax bill yesterday. GAG!!! Why do they do that in December? How about June instead. LOL!!! XOXO

Mrs. S. said...

Congrats on the new job!!! That is so exciting! You will have to email me or facebook message me and tell me what you are going to be doing!