Monday, November 8, 2010

Let Me Tell You Why It's Been So Long

I know I haven't posted in over a week. A lot happened over Halloween weekend and things have just gotten back to normal. Let me explain...

One of the best women I have ever known passed away on Saturday Oct. 30. My dad's mom passed while we were making the 12 hour drive to Ohio to be there. We had gotten a call earlier that day (while I was at Little A's birthday party) that things were getting bad and all of the siblings (my aunt and uncles) were in with their parents. So, we packed and left that night at 7 pm. We arrived at the hotel at 7 am and none of us had slept more than 1.5 hours in a 24 hour period. Visitation was scheduled for Monday, the funeral was Tuesday, we spent Tuesday night with one of my uncles and then drove home on Wednesday. I won't bore you with all the details of those few days, but I will say this: we celebrated the life of a wonderful woman and I learned a lot about her (I hadn't really seen or talked to her in 3 years). Some of the qualities she had were passed on to my dad (the second youngest) and then passed on to me. She was amazing and the last week has been rough.

When we got back into town, I was called in for an interview on Thursday at a hotel I was interested in. I met with 2 people that day, was called in on Friday to meet with 2 other people, and then they called me Friday night to tell me that I will be meeting a Regional Manager either Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Wish me luck!

Mrs. P came over Friday night to chat and get away from her house for a while. (She lives with her husband and 2 young boys). On Saturday, I went with her and the kids shopping. We went to 3 different stores and I have to say, it was exhausting. I don't know how she does it. Taking 2 boys to the toy store is difficult. But, I was told I did a good job (I don't always have a lot of patience) and the boys were terrible. It was great hanging out with Mrs. P.

Yesterday, my mom and I went shopping to get her some curtains and blinds for the dining room window and to pick up some things for dad. We also went to a local craft show that we go to every year and was really disappointed this time. There weren't nearly as many booths and there wasn't a lot of things to look at. It all started to look the same after a while. But, we had a good time.

There is a lot of stuff on my to do list today, so I really should get started. How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry for your loss. You & your family are in my prayers.

I tell you what...I went to the store with one of my fellow dance moms. She had her 4 kids and I had Ellie. I about went crazy. When you have more than one they seem to gang up on the adults. LOL!!!

Good luck on the interview!!! Please keep me updated!!! XOXO

Lin said...

I'm really sorry about your grandmother. I'm pretty close to mine as well & seeing her sick only reminds me that she's not going to be around forever so I should cherish the time I spend with her.

Also, Im keeping my fingers crossed for you to get that job! Good luck.