Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Books, Books, and More Books!

I am experiencing book excitement overload here!

I just finished reading Everyone Worth Knowing last night and I thought it was really good. I actually liked the story more than The Devil Wears Prada. This book made me laugh, gasp, cringe, and cheer! It took me a little longer to finish this one though because I didn't read at all the last couple of weeks because of all that was happening. Please feel free to read the synopsis here.

My book reviews aren't very extensive because I don't want to give much away to a potential reader, but I will give this one a definite 2 thumbs up!

I was in the store the other day and noticed that Joanne Fluke has a new book out just in time for the holiday season: the Gingerbread Cookie Murder! I love her books and can't wait to read this one! Mrs. P first turned me on to Fluke's books and now I own all of them except for the latest.

Since I saw Fluke's new book, I decided to check for an update on my other favorite author's latest and discovered that Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella is available! I started reading the Shopaholic Series my junior year in college and have been hooked since. These books make me laugh out loud in public and I can even relate is some areas.

In addition to Fluke's and Kinsella's books, I still have the latest by Jen Lancaster, My Fair Lazy, to read. I just read yesterday that she just finished a work of fiction that will be coming out within the next year as well. She cracks me up with her sarcasm and wit! Check her out here.

There is only one problem. Okay, 2 problems. I recently bought a Julie Andrews memoir, Home as well as Drop Dead Beautiful to read. I won't buy another book until these two are read and put away. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.

By the way, has anyone read Drop Dead Beautiful? I am a little concerned. It seems interesting to me to read, but at other times, I don't know if it will be my style. I am almost afraid to start it, but I got the book for $5 on sale, so I really couldn't pass that up.

I really can't wait to add all of these books to my Shelfari bookshelf that's there on the left of my blog. It's a great way to keep track of what you have read and to also share opinions with others who are interested in the same books. Want one? You can get one here.

PS--This post has the most links I have ever put into a single post before. Just thought I would share that with you. :)

1 comment:

AG said...

I adore the shopaholic books. I have to get the new one soon. I'm so behind on my list. I need a good cold day to devote to reading. soon.