Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday Readers!

It's 10:40 am on Monday and I am in a pretty good mood. Can you believe it? I had a great weekend and today has already been productive.

Friday: I went to the homecoming parade for my old high school and had a good time. It was a little disappointing at times, but overall entertaining. I also received a phone message to set up an interview for a job I applied for about a week and a half ago.

That night, Mrs. P came over and cooked dinner! It was great to not have to cook that night. We had spaghetti and played Scrabble. She beat me 4 times in a row! I don't have a very big vocabulary. It was such a great time!

Saturday: I hung some new blinds in the living room and got really frustrated. I don't have a lot of strength in my arms and I had to stand on a ladder and push up with the drill in order to hang the hardware. It took about 2 hours or so for me to hang blinds on 2 windows. I also had to move the sectional sofa out of the way. Ugh.

Later that night, I got to attend a wedding for a friend (and former employee). The wedding and reception took place where I used to work and it was great to be a guest. It was such a different perspective and I had a really good time. The bride was absolutely stunning and I got to have a lot of good conversation with some cool people.

Sunday: I went with my mom to visit my grandpa in the hospital. He is there with a blood clot in his leg and we sat and talked with him for a little while. We also took him some treats that he always loves. After that, we went to Wal-Mart to get some things and then came home to sit outside in the gorgeous weather and read and play with the dogs. I ended up taking an hour nap on the couch and woke up in time to have dinner and watch some of my favorite shows.

I didn't sleep too well last night and my phone rang at 12:21 am from a number I didn't recognize and it was quickly followed with a text message that read: "Sorry, wrong number." At least they apologized for waking me up in the middle of the night.

Today, I have already read the paper, applied to 2 jobs, called back to set up an interview, hung the curtains back up, and now, I am getting ready to go to the craft store to look around. Fun, huh?

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Glad you had a great time at the wedding and I bet it was nice to just sit back and do nothing while you were there. Sending prayers for your Grandpa's quick recovery. XOXO