Thursday, October 21, 2010

Reflections #2

"If winter is slumber and spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It's a time of year when the leaves are down and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone. Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it's time to reflect on what's come before."--Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Thanksgiving, 1992

The past couple of months (okay, 3.75) I have been doing a lot of self-reflection. I have been trying to figure out what exactly I want to do with myself, what my interests are (that's a whole other post), what are my best characteristics, what are my worst ones, etc. I know, this seems pretty deep, and it is. I read a book recently called "Quarterlife Crisis" and it spoke a lot about how people around my age deal with entering what is called the "real world". If you are interested in reading more about the book, feel free to go here.

I have been learning a lot about myself and have been putting together everything in list forms and will eventually be able to incorporate all of it into my job search and every day living.

I know this probably doesn't make any sense to you all, but I had to get this out of my head. Here are some things I have learned, or at least, have come to the forefront of my attention:

The Good:
extremely detail oriented
as efficient as possible
passionate
dedicated
loving
loyal
highly organized
caring
love research
love learning
enjoy reading
write good thank you notes
helpful to those who ask or need it
opinionated

The Bad
initially introverted
a little OCD
opinionated
lack tact
lack grace
accident prone
uncomfortable in my own body at times
kind of impatient
don't take criticism well (read above: passionate)

I know that this will all come together and help me in the future. Right now, I am just going to continue researching and note taking and see what happens.

Sorry to bore you, but congratulations on making it to the end. :)

No comments: