Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Than Just a Weekend Recap...

Wow, I haven't blogged in a while have I? Hmm...

Friday: I made a binder for the dogs that has all the important information for anyone who watches them while we are gone. It's a great resource! Then, I finished all of the laundry and put the clothes away. When Dad got home from his trip, we went out for drinks and munchies and then met up with my mom and some friends for more drinks and munchies.

Saturday: Mom and I went to the annual craft show we always go to, then went to pick up my mom's friend to head to Kansas City. Her daughter (and an old friend of mine) lives there with her husband and their new little one:

We went out to dinner, walked around the small downtown area, then headed to a festival in the park. After that, we went back to the house and played Cranium (daughters against mothers, daughters won!) and then played American Idol on the Wii. I don't do karaoke. It was such a fun time. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun! It was great to reconnect with my old friend.

Saturday was also my Dad's 50th Birthday! Now, before you get all judgmental on my and my mom for leaving the day of his birthday, he was gone for the whole week and got to do everything he wanted to do for his birthday. Here is the cake I made for him:




Sunday: The moms and daughters went to the Renaissance Festival. It was the first time for Mom and me. It took a while to get comfortable and for my mom to realize that the entire production (village and all) was a show, and not just the skits we watched. We had a good time and I enjoyed the shows. Although, I did get tired of all the walking. We got there at 9:30 am and stayed until after 6 pm. I would go again, but won't stay that long. Most of the stuff I enjoyed was in the afternoon. We got home late that night and went straight to bed.

Monday: I spent the day doing more laundry, working out, and then helped my dad put the camper away. That night, I went back to my Mary Kay national area meeting (that is always once a month) for the first time in about a year! It was great to be back and see all of the new people and the others I missed. Retreat is coming up at the end of the month, and I really hope I can go.

Tuesday: I sold some items on eBay and shipped those off, picked up some pants from the tailor, went out to lunch with a friend, and cut back some plants for the winter.


The weather this past week has been gorgeous and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. It's also been a productive week and I like that the best.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Wow, you made your dads cake? That's so cool!

Gwen said...

AWE!!! The puppy is so cute!!! You did a fabulous job on your Dad's cake!!! I haven't been to the RenFest since I was a kid but I was thinking I might take Ellie this year. Glad youhad a great weekend!!! XOXO

TZ (Sunny) said...

How can I not love a blog that quotes Katherine Mansfield in its header!!? =)

This comment is more of a response to the overview of what I read (since I'm new to your site). I wish you all the luck with the job hunt. Tough market out there.

Your recaps are entertaining and I'm definitely a new loyal subscriber!