Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend Recap...

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I know I was able to enjoy this weekend immensely and I am so happy because I haven't been able to enjoy Labor Day weekend for the last 2.5 years because of my old job. I went camping/floating with my parents. We took the dogs and I was really worried about Isabelle. She usually isn't very friendly and I was concerned about her on the river. Annie had been before, so we knew she was going to be alright. Well, it was a fantastic weekend!
The night before we left, the dogs knew that something was going on because we found Annie like this:



Don't forget me!
We got to the campsite in the early afternoon and decided to just relax our first day. We got the campsite set up and it was so nice not to be sweating bullets and dieing of heat stroke. The weather was so nice. In the 70s during the day and in the low 50s at night.

On Saturday, we went floating (my first float trip in 3 years) and had a great time. The river wasn't really busy and we got a raft (we normally use a canoe) so we could have room for the dogs. Isabelle had a good time too! She was so good on the river.



Sunday was a relaxing day on the river bank. Dad took Annie of a short float while Mom and I sat on the bank and read and Isabelle played in the river. She went swimming and had a good time. I was able to read my book and relax. This was definitely the year for the butterfly. There were butterflies everywhere!
Monday morning, we packed up after breakfast and headed home. It was that day we discovered that Dad contracted the "Man Cold". Ladies, you know what the Man Cold is. Although, Dad only has a sore throat, but you'd think he had the flu or something. It's terrible how pathetic he is. And of course, he's a big baby who couldn't' even peel himself an orange.



Overall, it was a fantastic weekend and I had a great time. It was so relaxing and I was so proud of Isabelle for begin so good.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I am so glad you had a great float trip!!! And that you got to enjoy your first Labor Day weekend in years!!! XOXO

Domestic Goddess said...

so fun! i love float trips!