Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mindless Musings of the Unemployed

Got another edition of the Mindless Musings of the Unemployed!

As I was driving through town, I saw construction workers putting up a new "pedestrian crossing" sign. How many men does it take to dig a hole and put up a new sign? Four. Yep, 4 men.

The weather this week is perfect! Mid-High Sixties during the day, mid-low fifties at night. Also, lots of sunshine!

The job I interviewed with for the city, (the one I really wanted) sent me a rejection letter today. I am really bummed.

I refilled some empty bird feeders today and while I was out there, I checked on one with seeds because they haven't been eating from it. Turns out, there was some mold on it and the seeds were stuck to the feeder. I had to clean it out and wait for it to dry so I could refill it. The birds haven't been very active and it makes me sad. I miss them.

My dad's 50th birthday is this Saturday. Right now, he is on a week long vacation with his best friend. His present from Mom and I is already wrapped. All I have to do is make his chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream and M&Ms.

I cleaned out and organized the linen closet yesterday. It looks really good now. I would show you pictures, but I didn't have my camera.

My Mary Kay meeting last night was really nice. I enjoy my time with the wonderful women in my unit and they are so supportive.

I have new hair! It's pretty and it makes me happy. My inspiration this time: Anne Hathaway from the Devil Wears Prada. Take a look!



That's all for now. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Loving this weather. Like really, really, really loving it!!! I hope your Dad enjoys his birthday!!! And fall setting in has me ready to make a hair change too. :) XOXO

The Pink Tutu said...

I bet your new hairstyle looks fabulous!! I'm so in need of a new look.

Lin said...

I'm sure that hairstyle looks great on you! I'm sorry you didnt get the job with the city, getting those darn rejection letters are always the pits. My husbands gotten 6 in the last year. I hope you have better luck!

Lawyer Working Girl said...

Hang in there with the job search!