Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Good Group of People

Yesterday's conference went really well, although we were over charged on the bill. Oh well. We ended up having almost 40 people there, which is great because we only had 2 registrations the week before.

I had joined this organization through work, and I had to make an announcement that I was no longer there, but that I would remain a member as an individual. It's great because I love the group and it's purpose. I really wish I was able to devote more time to it earlier in the year.

After they learned I didn't work there anymore, many of them came up to see how I was doing, asked me what was next, and wished me luck on my job hunt. They really are a great group of people. It made me feel good.

We got a lot accomplished and we are moving right along. We even got some new members yesterday.

Yay!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm glad the event went well and that you had a good time.!!! XOXO

Jake said...

What did they over charge for? Did you not dispute it?