Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another Annie Update

Annie seems to be doing a little bit better. When she went in last week for another lime/sulfur dip, the vet told me we would have to virtually start over since she fell in the river over Labor Day weekend. That didn't feel too good, but things seem to be moving along. I also have her on a Benedryl regimen every 4-6 hours to help her.

I was given a special cream to use on her left ear because she had spread the fungus to her ear while her cone was off. I have only used it once, but it seems that things are moving along. I try to take her cone off every once in a while to give her a break, but she just starts scratching when I'm not looking. So, she gets the cone all the time. The vet actually gave her a bigger cone because the one I bought was too small.




The dips make her look dirty and she has started to flake. I know, its disgusting and looks like dandruff. I called the vet and they told me that it's normal when for them to flake when they get towards the ends of the dips. They also told me not to brush her. I really want to brush her to get some of the flaking off, but I can't. I have to take her in again on Thursday, so let's hope that this will be the last dip. I really want her back to normal.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Poor Annie. She looks so sad in her cone of shame. Hopefully by Thursday she's feeling much better. I bet you've never been so ready for snow so all of the grass dies off. XOXO

Tarryn said...

Hope she gets better!