Friday, September 17, 2010

The 2 Hour Interview

That interview yesterday was fantastic! Thanks for all you well wishes! I didn't know what to expect for 2 hours, but they were wonderful people. I was planning on meeting with a lot of stiff shirts, but they were really friendly and personable. It was almost like we had know each other before.

The office was really quiet when I got there and that had me a little worried. I don't do well in silence. I met with three different people. The first person talked to me about the actual nuts and bolts of the job and the office. I was to evaluate my skills on a scale of 1-10 and she told me about herself and I did the same.

The next half was with the other 2 people (Directors) and they talked to me about me as a person. They asked me about myself and they told me about them. Then, I got a question that I have never been asked in an interview: "What is your favorite movie?" That then led into a discussion between the three of us on our favorite movies, authors, TV shows, etc. Apparently, they both love Will Ferrell movies. :)

It was a good day and I can only hope that Monday's interview goes just as well. That one coming up is for a position with the state.

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

Was this the one at the Val? I am glad to hear it went well! Sounds like a fun interview! Good luck on Monday and on hearing back soon!