Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weekend Recap...

This past weekend wasn't very eventful. I am getting to where I really enjoy having my weekends off.

Friday: To be honest, I can't remember what happened Friday night. Strange.

Saturday: I spent the afternoon with my parents and then I went to Mrs. P's house to discuss the guy from the mall. We had fun and ate dinner while playing Yahtzee. She usually kicks my but when we play games, but its still fun because we get to talk too.

Sunday: I sat outside and watched the birds while I drank my coffee. It was so hot that we had to turn the fan on and it wasn't even 9 am yet. After the morning coffee, my dad and I went to my grandma's house to install her flag pole. We got the pole for her at Christmas time, but it was too cold, then too wet, and then we got so busy, we didn't get around to putting it up until now. While my dad was digging the hole, I was putting together the pole and discovered that a very important piece was missing. We ended up having to improvise and create a piece to make it work. I get a lot of my creative problem solving skills from Dad. We finally got it put up and your can't even tell we created the piece! It looks great and I love visiting with Grandma!

Monday: I heard from one of the companies I interviewed with last week. No luck. I was really upset and threw myself a little pity party and shed some tears. I have to admit, it was very therapeutic and I feel much better now. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and this job wasn't meant for me. I was also able to get the house cleaned yesterday. Then I spent a good 4-5 hours applying for jobs.

Today: I went to the City to take a required test for a position I am interested in and today I typed 54 words per minute and scored a total of 98% on this test. Not too bad, huh? When I got home, I took the dogs for a walk before it got to be too hot. The vet recommended that I take them for 2 walks a day in order from them to drink more water. I am concerned for their hydration because they don't drink much water, no matter how often I keep it fresh.

When we got home from the walk, Isabelle was a good little girl and drank some water. Annie, however, did not! I don't get it. Anyway, they got a nice bath with new shampoo and I just finished a nice lunch. I think I am going to take a break today from applying and enjoy myself.

2 comments:

McGillicutty said...

I do the same thing... take breaks from applying.. you have to or you'll just drive yourself nuts and lose track of what you've applied for.
You're right, things do happen for a reason... hang in there.
my dogs don't drink a lot of water either. hhhmmmm

Gwen said...

Sometimes we just need a good cry. Chin up girl. That job just wasn't right for you. And you totally deserve a break. Hope your week is getting better!!! XOXO