Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Mindless Musings of the Unemployed

My family and I attended a visitation and funeral this week for a family friend. It was really sad and impressive at the same time because over 1000 people came to the visitation and at least 1-200 people at the funeral.

Annie hasn't gotten much better. I started bathing her this week with medicated shampoo, but while I am out of the house, she licks and bites at one spot for so long, she now has a terrible looking spot on her hip. I called the vet today and they are going to let me know if I need to bring her in.

I received a message last night reminding me about a dentist appointment I had scheduled for this morning and I totally cancelled that one. Cleanings are expensive and I need to be able to run to vet if needed.

I went with my mom to Wal Mart yesterday and while we were in the checkout line, she bought me September's issue of Cosmo and I was so excited. I used to have a subscription, but that expired and since I don't have a job, I haven't renewed it. Nothing beats the feel of a brand new glossy in your hands.

Today was the first day of school in my town, so I need to keep an eye out for buses and kids now on the streets.

I was offered a job! However, we will need to negotiate the salary because the proposed one is a HUGE pay cut that I am not sure I can take. Especially since the job's work load is very similar to what I was doing.

Back to School means a lot of shiny new office supplies and I am in love! I love seeing all the supplies in the stores and I want nothing more than to buy them all. However, I wasn't that big of a fan of school, even though I like learning.

I have 3 more jobs to apply for today. One opened up in the office where I really want to work and I really want to move things along. I have wanted this one job since I was a senior in college.

The conference for my non-profit at the end of the month is not getting many RSVPs. This might mean a trip all over my region to recruit.

The weather has been so nice the last few days, but its starting to get warm (ie. HOT) again.

I am debating either buying a new book to read, or re-reading one of my old favorites. What do you think?

3 comments:

Thomasina said...

I received my Cosmo in the mail yesterday. I'm in love with the fall fashions that were featured.

The Pink Chick said...

Congrats on getting a job offer! That's wonderful! Let us know what happens with the other jobs you are applying for! By the way, I received my package from you! Thank you so much! I love it!!!

Mrs. S. said...

I love office supplies...I really love when the new dorm stuff comes out because it is all color coordinated and awesome!

Good luck on your job search!!! Hopefully everything will work out for you soon!