Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Guy From the Mall

If you haven't been reading my editions of "The Mindless Musings of the Unemployed", you may have missed out on who this guy is. Well, if you are interested, go back and read.

Here is a little back story:

In our mall, there are little kiosks in the hallways with people who stand there and try to get you to try their products. One day, about a couple of months ago, I was walking through and this girl stops me (ugh) to see if I would like to hear about the flat irons she had. Although I said "no" multiple times, she wouldn't stop. My hair happened to be down that day and straight (my usual look) and I told her that I don't use flat irons on my hair because I hate them. I leave my hair natural. (Which is true, except I do use hot rollers occasionally.)

She didn't believe and kept gushing (thanks for the compliments dear, but I really want to leave now). Instead, she grabs my hand and drags me over to her friend/family?, the guy from the mall. Keep in mind that although he was cute, I didn't want to hear about the Dead Sea Salt beauty products they had. He made me try the salt scrub on my hands and I about gagged because I thought it smelled like "old lady". He asked me about my job, flirted, and flirted, and tried to get me to go out with him. Um, no.

So, now for a couple of weeks ago...

I am going through the mall again and even though I am eating a cookie with two hands and have a shopping bag on my arm, the guy will not let me pass. Ugh... This time it is about nail care. While showing me the buffer, he asks me about my job and as we talk, he remembered who I was. He still kept flirting. He was trying so hard for me to buy the set, but I kept saying "no". Dude, back off! This was right after I lost my job. I didn't want to by an $80 set even though it was on sale for $60.

He would not let me leave, so he continued to lower the price, told me about his trip to Puerto Vallarta coming up, asking me out for a drink, etc. I eventually bought the set for $25 (a pretty good deal for something that works nicely, I must admit) and on the receipt, he wrote his cell phone number. This was on a Wednesday.

Now, on to the call...

I waited until over the weekend. In the meantime, I had spoken to Mom, Grandma, and Mrs. P. I think even my dad had heard about this guy. Anyway, I decided to go for it and called him the following Tuesday. Besides, its only a drink. I know, I waited a long time.

When I called, it was 11 am and when he answered, I told him who I was and so forth. It had sounded like he had just woken up, but whatever. He asked if he could call me back in about an hour and I agreed telling him he can call back if he wanted. Well, that was last week. He hasn't called back.

Am I bummed? Not really, but at least I called him, right?

3 comments:

Gwen said...

His loss. I'm proud of you for calling though!!! That takes guts!!! XOXO

The Pink Chick said...

What an idiot for not calling you back, but I think you should be super proud of yourself for calling him! Something similar happened to me in college. A guy wrote his number on my Chick-fil-a cup. When I called him, he couldn't remember who I was. Boys!

AG said...

Good for you! You called him and that's the most important thing. :)